CanNegev issued a call for proposal and invites entrepreneurs with medical cannabis related innovations in the field of biotech, pharma, agtech, cleantech and foodtech to contact us and present their initiative.
The call for proposal details are:
Who We Are
CanNegev Incubator in Yeruham – A technological incubator for innovative initiatives and companies in the field of medical cannabis.
Our vision is to transform Yeruham and the Negev into a center of knowledge, development and technological innovation in this field.
What We Are Offering
The incubator provides accepted participating companies with financial and professional resources, combined with comprehensive mentoring and guidance:
Financial – Budget of 1-1.25M NIS for the first year of operations, in addition to in kind services, support and resources supplied by the incubator and its partners – detailed below.
Professional – The Incubator’s 3 partners will dedicate their experience, connections and support to the various activities:
- BOL Pharma – Israel’s largest medical cannabis company and a global leader in the cultivation, production and development of cannabinoid-based drugs, complying with the strictest standards.
- Perrigo – A leading global healthcare company, publicly traded in the U.S. and Israel, with a key focus on self-care – OTC and prescription pharmaceuticals, with production and R&D center in Yeruham as the global center of excellence for Perrigo topical prescription drugs. The company operates mainly in the U.S., Europe and Israel with more than 10,000 employees globally and almost 1,000 in Israel.
- OurCrowd – The world’s leading crowdfunding platform with over 50,000 accredited investors and commitments of over $1.4B. Ranked as the most active fund in Israel for the second year running, OurCrowd has invested in over 200 companies, 22 funds and 5 technological incubators, and maintains business ties with over 1,000 multinational companies.
Mentoring and Guidance
- The incubator’s team – highly experienced and knowledgeable in managing startup companies and in the fields of biotech, agtech and medical cannabis – will mentor and guide the incubator’s companies in all areas of activity.
- The Incubator’s partners will help formulate a strategy, business model and staff recruitment. Additional professionals and experts will be contracted to consult the incubator’s companies.
- Incubator companies will benefit from a supportive working environment in Yeruham, based on the nature of their operations, and the opportunity to network with other Incubator’s companies.
- Managing operations with the Israel Innovation Authority toward receiving the investment.
Support and guidance in follow-on investments for mature companies, promoted also by OurCrowd as one of its portfolio company.
Call For Proposal
CanNegev invites entrepreneurs with medical cannabis related innovations in the field of biotech, pharma, agtech, cleantech and foodtech to contact us and present their initiative.
In considering inclusion within the incubator, we will evaluate, among other things, the initiative’s level of innovation, intellectual property, feasibility, product demand, market size, competition, regulation, the entrepreneurs and compatibility with incubator’s strategy.